THANK YOU but check it out doc bob

Dr Bob,

This is Jon from Costa Rica I just called and got an answering machine and left you a VM.

Thank you so much for your response , I chck your page everyday hoping that perhaps you answered my query.

I keep getting myself into trouble ... I had protected sex with someone almost 5 weeks ago

NOW... I have ear pains , flu like feelings , headaches , one of my armpits its fairly swollen , some sore throat , i feel very tired and with some nauseas at times I know you think I am a wooried well but these symptons are not product of my fixation is it possible that this is ARS? .. the rubber didnt break btw .

I am for sure going up there and getting you lunch at least , and btw ... regarding your dice game one of the best bets in craps is betting the " field " consistenly and if you get a 2 or a 12 the payout is nice.

BUT the best advice I could give you the best way to double your money is to fold it and put it in your pocket :)

Thanks again Doc

Jon

Hey Jon,

I just retrieved your voicemail. As is often the case, I'm out of the area traveling again. This might be considered fortunate, considering the Bay Area is getting slammed with back-to-back winter storms at the moment. For future reference, if you need a call back, you'll need to leave your contact information. You can also reach the foundation by clicking on "contact us" on our Web site, www.frascinoaidsfound.org.

Regarding your current "trouble," "protected sex" is indeed protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Assuming this was indeed the case, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent.

As for symptoms, they are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

Consequently my advice is simple: If you placed yourself at risk for HIV, get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. If you did not have a potential HIV exposure, stop perseverating on a disease you couldn't possibly have.

The symptoms you report are very nonspecific and could be (and almost certainly are) caused by a wide array of potential underlying non-HIV conditions, such as common flu!

If, despite my advice, you continue to worry, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest. If your current symptoms are persistent, recurrent or bothersome, have your doctor evaluate them.

Finally, thanks for the gambling advice. I frequently do place a "field" bet. I also agree with your wise advice on the "best way to double one's money!" Then again sometimes I hear the green double 0 calling my name as I walk past the roulette table.

Be well Jon. Now, what about counting cards while playing Blackjack?

Worth Starting Treatment Earlier to Lower Transmission Risk?
DR BOB PLEASE HELP (HEINEKEN-UP-THE-HEINE GUY)