OK IM GETTING PISSED OFF NOW...

I have asked the same damn questions atleast four times and they has yet to be answered!

basically im 14 and my boyfriend and i have been having oral sex. i have swallowed his cum around 6-8 times. his mom died of a cancer caused by hiv/aids and he was born with hiv/aids so...

what are the chances that i have it?

how long until i start seeing signs that i do have it?

what are those signs?

if i get tested... like do i get a shot or what happens when they test me?

also do i have to have a parent with me to get tested?

thanks for your desperatly needed time :]]

--tay

You're getting pissed off because you've "asked the same damn questions four times . . . ." Hmm . . . well, OK Tay, I know this may come as a shock to you, but this forum doesn't exist only to respond to you. However, since you are only 14, I'll cut you some slack. But as you mature, you'll need to learn the value of patience and the reality that the world does not exist only to serve your needs, OK?

Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV transmission. The only way to determine if you've contracted the virus is to get an HIV test. There is a variety of HIV testing techniques. Some require a blood draw from a vein; some, a finger poke to get a drop of blood; others, only a swab of the gums in your mouth. These tests should be done at three months or more from the time of your last potential HIV exposure.

As for signs of HIV, acute retroviral syndrome symptoms would be the first to appear and generally do so two-four weeks after infection. The symptoms associated with acute retroviral syndrome, which may persist for an additional two-four weeks, are variable and can include fever, swollen glands, sore throat, rash, muscle aches, diarrhea and headache among others.

I don't know where you are writing from, but many communities and even some schools have HIV testing facilities available for teens. Your local health department may have an HIV/STD clinic. Try giving them a call.

I do think it would be a good idea for you to level with your folks. You obviously have a great deal to learn about HIV, HIV testing and, most likely, sex in general. Getting accurate information will be critical for you to remain healthy. This Web site has a wealth of information on it related to safer sex and HIV prevention. In addition your doctor should be a good resource for all health-related matters, including sex. Assuming you have a reasonable relationship with your parents, I urge you to confide in them as well.

Don't get pissed off but do get informed, OK?

i'm a poz male and my boyfriend is neg he's scared of me what can i do if anything??
dear Dr. bob its me with negative elisa test