Jan 5, 2008
Please do not skip this question. I donated. This doesn't mean you answer to only those questions where donation is done but please do not misunderstand. Your answer is equal to 2 lives. On 9/23/2007 I had a cut with the clipper during the hair cut and I did bleed. In 2.5 weeks from then I developed symptoms like Sore throat, weight loss, muscle aches, Dry cough and tehse lasted for 3 weeks. I got tested on 12/21/2007 (90th day) and it is negative. My questions are
1) Can I be rest assured that I am not infected with HIV. 2) If yes, what might have caused these symptoms. Is there a any other virus which would cause this combination of symptoms. 3) My wedding was scheduled in November but just because of this I fought with my parents and kept post poning. May I go head and get married now with the result being negative.
Please do not skip this question. Your answer means 2 lives.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I was hoping you would review the information in the archives, as all the information and reassurance you are searching for is already there just waiting for your double click! (Have a look!) To briefly respond to your specific questions:
1. Yes, you can rest assured. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.
2. I cannot diagnose symptoms over the Internet. However, I can with great certainty advise you what's not causing those symptoms: It's not HIV! Could it have been some other non-HIV virus? Sure.
3. Yep. Although if this was your only reason for postponing your trip down the aisle, you might want to reevaluate whether you really want this marriage to happen!
Good luck! Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Is Hepatitis Hereditary?
- Are Post Nasal Drip And Dry Cough Signs Of HIV?
- Can Other Blood Work Tell You If You Have Hiv?
- Do Herpes Sores Always Occur In The Same Spots?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.