New Year's Resolutions

Dr. Bob:

This isn't a question, just a thank you for all you do to keep us amused, informed and (mostly) sane. I just went through a rather stressful period where I was convinced I had contracted HIV. I had put off testing for an inexcusable three years. I just got my results yesterday and am happily negative. My negative status still hasn't fully sunken in, but I am sorting things in my brain and using this time of the year to make some healthy resolutions:

1. I will focus on risks and minimizing those risks. Lower risk = lower chance.

2. I will not focus on symptoms, real or imaginary, and I will not search the web anytime I have a fever or strange rash. Chances are, I will find something online that feeds my neuroses.

3. I will be more sensible about the choices I make while under the influence of alcohol. If I've had so much to drink that I forget someone's name, I probably shouldn't sleep with him.

4. I will make sure that condoms are always worn during anal sex. Always.

5. I will make that long-promised donation to your foundation.

There are many of us out here whose lives are touched by yours. You keep us educated and entertained and I, for one, am very grateful.

God bless and Happy New Year!

A Worried Well from Boston

Hello Worried Well from Boston,

Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write in and share your great news WOO-HOO! and your New Year's resolutions! Another guy just wrote in with similar resolutions, but was considering having them tattooed on his Mr. Happy because he has been making and breaking the same resolutions for five consecutive years. He could be president of Dr. Bob's Frequent Posters' Club. I often think Brittany wrote her hit "Oops I Did It Again" just for him!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I'm confident it will bring you excellent cosmic karma so that you will remember your new insights, keep your New Year's resolutions and have a wonderful happy and healthy 2008.

Please Read!!! PLEASE!!!
Donation