Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Read!!! PLEASE!!!
Jan 5, 2008

Well Doctor, I'm back again with some troubling issues. Again my status: 7 Years ago, unprotected just with my girlfriend (first for each) however I think I got EBV since there was no sexual intercourse whatsoever, except for the fact that I did touch her down there a few times but nothing serious. The EBV blew up the night after and I was sick for over 2 months! Anyhow, after that, everything else has been protected, even had a CSW or two in there (NO SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITHIN THE LAST 3 YEARS)...Nothing broke to my knowledge. So, a few months ago, a couple of friends were screwing with me about HIV. First, I got a WBC count which came back at 57.6, according to the doc, it was low, normal ranges were from 60 ~ 70. Anyhow, I pretty much sucked up my loserness and went in for an Oraquick Oral Adv. test. After 20 min, I was NEGATIVE. I have had diarrhea, back itchyness, small folliculitus ONLY and mainly on my thighs. Anyhow, this all started when my friends kept screwing with me, also I have a little eczema from time to time on my elbows and ankles (I've had this waaaaay before any intercourse whatsoever). Your thoughts are needed Doc. An in person donated to your clinic is on the way, I live close to Los Altos, i'd be more than happy to drop it off, thanks! PS, are more tests warranted??

-Just another worried dude....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Just Another Worried Dude,

Your negative OraQuick results are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is absolutely certain: it's not HIV!

You do not need any additional HIV tests, but you could probably use some new friends!

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOOing.

Dr. Bob

Previous
How does HIV get into the body through the urethra?
Next
New Year's Resolutions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.