Happy&Healthy New Year Dr. Bob!

Dear Doctor Bob,

I wish you Golden Blessings! And guess what? I think you'll receive them! A couple of months ago I fell severely ill for about a week and a half, nothing like a regular flu, 104 degrees fever , sweating, really bad aches and paines and headaches a rash on my body,..and guess what? After a couple of days of being sick I started wondering whether I had had unsafe sex recently. The truth is that I had not at all. I thought of you and how you calm hundreds of people on a daily basis, and even though the unrealistic fear lingered somewhat, I came back to my senses thinking of your wise words to so many people frozen by fear. This, also to tell everyone that the symptoms I experienced were extremely similar to primary hiv disease but yet something totally different. We live in an era (and society) of fear, which is fuelled largely by this hysterical and angry media called American Television. Thank God there are people like you ( and all the other experts on this Forum) who show what it means to be humane. Bless you for that! Love, Louis

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your good wishes and also for reinforcing a very simple concept: If someone hasn't had an HIV risk, they can't have HIV!

Be well. Stay well.

Question about stress and antibody tests!
PEP and Figgy Pudding