Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Happy&Healthy New Year Dr. Bob!
Jan 5, 2008

Dear Doctor Bob,

I wish you Golden Blessings! And guess what? I think you'll receive them! A couple of months ago I fell severely ill for about a week and a half, nothing like a regular flu, 104 degrees fever , sweating, really bad aches and paines and headaches a rash on my body,..and guess what? After a couple of days of being sick I started wondering whether I had had unsafe sex recently. The truth is that I had not at all. I thought of you and how you calm hundreds of people on a daily basis, and even though the unrealistic fear lingered somewhat, I came back to my senses thinking of your wise words to so many people frozen by fear. This, also to tell everyone that the symptoms I experienced were extremely similar to primary hiv disease but yet something totally different. We live in an era (and society) of fear, which is fuelled largely by this hysterical and angry media called American Television. Thank God there are people like you ( and all the other experts on this Forum) who show what it means to be humane. Bless you for that! Love, Louis

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your good wishes and also for reinforcing a very simple concept: If someone hasn't had an HIV risk, they can't have HIV!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Question about stress and antibody tests!
Next
PEP and Figgy Pudding

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.