donation made.. in dire straits.. pls help! dr bob!!

dr bob, i know you are a very busy man and prob get a number of very similar questions but i am in dire need of your affirmation in my case.. i had protected (seemed like the condom worked ..) vaginal intercourse w/ an asian massage parlor girl. had some symptoms like sore throat and tingling in my limbs (sore throat came back as well as the tingling) .. this incident was about 4ish months ago.. at 14 weeks i had a negative antibody test (is this as good as a rapid test? i know you always say 3month rapid test).. at first after my results i was fine but now tingling and sore throat are back and im freaking all over again.. given my exposure or lack thereof.. can i completely move on and woo-hoo like a wildman .. i need YOUR approval so i can be myself again .. i am married and feel very guilty about this entire event.. please help me.. thank you dr bob. a donation was made to your foundation in my name a few days ago..

mikey

Hi Mikey,

Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent. FDA-approved antibody tests remain the best diagnostic tests for HIV. (Rapid tests and routine blood tests, such as ELISA, EIA, etc., are equally effective and accurate in diagnosing HIV.) Your negative test at 14 weeks is definitive and conclusive. Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS.

Should you WOO-HOO like a wild man? Absofrickinlutely!

Regarding your guilt, which may be the real cause of your ongoing anxiety and symptoms, I would suggest you level with your wife. Not only is it the best way to confront and conquer your guilt; it's also the right thing to do!

Thank you for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

WOO-HOO and Happy New Year!

No need to respond, just a thanks :-)
ARS 3 Days Later?