symptoms

Hi Dr.Frascino, I have written to you before but you have not answered my inquiry--I looked in your archives and unless I am missing something--did not find the answer to my question--my question is this--i had intercourse with a sex worker with a condom. she seemed to be in her late 40's upon withdrawl there seemed to be blood dripping off the condom and in taking off the condom I got blood on my middle index finger and thumb. I didnt think anything of that until a month later like clockwork-my right lymph node became inflamed for about 10 days it was very uncomfortable when i swallowed--i did go to the doctor and he said it was irritated and soft and to come back if it didn't go away.It went away in about 10 days. My question is this--if it is an ARS symptom--can ARS symptoms manifest itself as one symptom or do you have 2,3, or 4 symptoms accompanying each other at one time to constitute real ARS symptoms--I felt fine otherwise?? I am planning on taking a test but would like your opinion--also can you tell me your paypal address so I can send a donation.thanks steven

Hi Steven,

The lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) associated with HIV disease is generalized and not painful. This means many nodes swell simultaneously in multiple locations and they are not painful. It would also be extremely unlikely that someone experiencing ARS would have only one ARS symptom.

I'm quite confident your three-month definitive HIV test will be negative. And that will be a wonderful way to ring in a new year, eh? I'm so confident I'm giving you a WOO-HOO in advance!

Regarding PayPal donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, this can be easily accomplished on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your generosity and willingness to help others in desperate need.

Happy New Year, Steven. Be well.

I NEEEEED YOUR ADVISE - THIRD ATTEMPT - PLEASE!!!!
PLEASE