Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Massage Anxiety
Jan 2, 2008

Hi Doc,

First of all, I wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year and pray for your good health. Your services are in deed commendable.

I have been through with verious archives to seek a similar situation and "assumed" that my risk was insignificant, however I still request you to please reply me, some words from you will have great value for me.

I am a married circumcised male, never involved in any kind of sex (vaginal, anal or oral) with anyone other than my wife, as of today.

End of October, I was in Hong Kong on a business trip. Room service massage brochure attracted me and I called a massage girl. She massaged my whole body (including my ganitals)using some oil. She was partially dressed throughout in a bra and panty. She only touched me with her hands, and no rubbing of her genitals with mine. During the course of massage, her fingers briefly touched my anus, without insertion.

I was calm assuming that risk was too insignificant to warrent a test, but after 9 weeks of exposure, I developed severe back pain. Body temperature remains normal at 37 C throughout and I did not notice any rash on my body, digestive system is also normal.

I am sorry for such a lengthy "preface" of my three questions, but I felt necessary so that you could advise me.

1. Is back ache or mescular pain come in the category of ARS? 2. Can ARS surface after 9 weeks of exposure?

2. Should I get myself tested for HIV after two weeks?

Lastly, please let me know the link where I can make payment for donation through my visa.

Regards

Tariq

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tariq,

1. Nope.

2. Generally ARS-related symptoms occur two-four weeks after HIV primary infection.

3. No.

Your HIV risk is nonexistent. HIV testing is not warranted. The only reason to even consider testing would be to put your irrational HIV fears permanently to rest. Should you decide to get tested, wait until the three-month mark, as HIV-antibody tests taken prior to this are not considered to be definitive. Your HIV test result will undoubtedly be negative.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stay well. Happy New Year.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Western Blot Indeterminate Result
Next
Hottie RN...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.