The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I believe my result?

Jan 2, 2008

Dr. Frascino,

You seem like a wonderful man. Too bad you are taken by gorgeous Stevelicious!

Anyways, I took a Home Access test both 16 and 19 weeks after a risky receptive anal exposure. The test was negative. Can I believe this result? I fear maybe that the HA test was innacurate because of inclement weather conditions when I sent the test. I mean, seriously....could the test result be invalid by sending it through the mail via FedExpress? Indeed the FedExpress guy was hot and all, ..but need I test again at a clinic as I had in the past to ascertain a "Real" blood test result? Are you acquainted with this testing method? I heard they do something call IFA,...whatever that means.

Thanks "Bobby"! (my cute pet name for a gorgeous doctor)


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Mike,

Barring any extenuating circumstances, I would consider your 16- and 19-week negative Home Access tests to be definitive and conclusive. Neither inclement weather nor steamy hot FedEx guys would affect test results. Follow-up "real" blood tests are not warranted. (By the way, Home Access is a real test as well!). Am I acquainted with IFA? Yep. It stands for immunofluorescent assay and it's very accurate. What I'm not acquainted with is Mr. Hottie McFedEx Guy. Can you arrange to have him deliver your next question to me in person???

Happy New Year. WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bobby

Lactic Acidosis
Effectiveness of condoms (CONDOMS) (CONDOM EFFICACY)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint