possible needlestick

Hi

I'm going crazy over what happened to me the other day . i was sitting inside of the bus when this strange man walked on , he sat right next to me and brushed his thigh agaist mine . i ffelt a sharp pain. i'm really worried that it might of been an needle and i'm not sure what i'm going to do now . I've been crying all day over this and i really need some sound advice. I was wondering if i should go to my doctors to get PEP. i'm realaly not sure what route i need to take and i really need some advice.

thanks

Yep, you are indeed "going crazy over what happened," because your HIV fears are completely whacko and totally unwarranted. Sweetie, your concerns that some crazed lunatic is riding buses and purposefully infecting other riders with HIV is actually turning you into a crazed lunatic as well. Just for argument sake, how would someone brushing their thigh against yours result in your being infected with HIV-infected blood from a concealed needle??? Not only is your story unreasonable, it's also logistically impossible. If you don't believe me, give it a try. Get a sterile syringe and fill it with sterile water and find a willing friend. Now try to "brush your thigh" against your friend and inject that person with the fluid in the needle. See what I mean??

You certainly don't need PEP; however, you may well need some counseling to help you confront and conquer your irrational HIV fears.

HSV HIV COINFECTION
very confused