Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

You made me emotional, and finally forced me to donate.
Dec 30, 2007

I've been reading this site on and off for the last three years. Every year I think I need to do something, and then get caught up in my life and forget about the courageous people fighting daily against this virus.

I am super slow at work and decided to go to the site because I find a great deal of humor in the "Did I get HIV from masturbating with a banana?" questions. (Who hasn't worried about that)? I'm also entertained with how you are able to be so witty in your responses to questions while still remaining sensitive to people's feelings, and at times, outright panic...a caring smart ass so to speak.

I consider myself a tough, ex-football kind of guy who is 100% heterosexual. Somehow a skinny little, gay doctor made me emotional. Thanks for getting me off my ass to actually try and help. You're a hero to me.

The only thing I ask for my $500 is that you post what you said below for those who haven't read it. I have mentally done what you advise against doing, and never will again.

Dr. Bob on contracting HIV: "I am no more innocent or guilty than anyone with this virus. None of us wanted this disease. So whether it was a blood transfusion, a broken condom, or an episode of love making please dont try to make some of us innocent victims and others deserving of our fate. I stand with the entire HIV infected community as one. The sooner we can get beyond trying to place blame, the sooner we can focus on fighting the real enemy --- HIV!"

Thanks for being who you are, it was good to find out I won't be getting HIV from all the fruits and vegetables I've been banging lately. (However, should I wear a condom just in case there is an HIV strain specific to produce that no one knows about)?

Response from Dr. Frascino

I'm delighted a skinny, little, gay, caring smart ass made the tough, ex-football, 100% heterosexual get in touch with his emotions! By the way, some of my best friends are tough, ex-footballer, 100% heterosexuals . . . .

I'll gladly re-post the quote you request and I offer you my heartfelt thanks for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need, including HIV-infected children in Goma (Democratic Republic of Congo). This is just one of the Foundation's targeted programs for 2008. You will soon receive via snail mail a personal acknowledgement/thank-you note for your tax-deductible gift, which will also include the Foundation's latest newsletter. In it you'll be able to read more about the Foundation's programs for 2008. In addition you will receive a thank-you gift as a small token of our appreciation. I'm also quite confident that your compassion and generosity will be returned 1000-fold to you in cosmic good-karma. (For instance, you just might inherit a fruits and vegetables farm!?!)

Be well. Stay well. Nol.

Dr. Skinny Caring Smart Ass

Previous
Follow Up
Next
Truvada as PEP -- needed?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.