what about a cure/vaccine

Dear Bobby Bob,

With 2007 coming to a close, I have 1 q about a Hiv vaccine/cure. Is there any reason to hope/believe this could happen within 5 years or so? Bobby Bob, you are truly a nat'l treasure. I wish i was half the man you are. Stay well, don't ever leave us. Root for Osu against Lsu on Jan 7th.

Ohio Fan

Hi Ohio Fan,

Is there "any reason to hope/believe" that an HIV vaccine or cure will be developed within five years? Well, there is always hope. However, as for a "reason to believe" this might actually happen, the reality of the situation would argue against it. The vaccine programs have been dealt another sever setback this year with the failure of several promising vaccine candidates, resulting in the cancellation of several large clinical trials. A cure is not currently on the horizon. We can all hope some novel therapy, such as KP-1461 or some newer immune-based therapies, may lead to viral eradication, but only time will tell. The five-year timeline for a cure remains more of a wish than a realistic target at this time.

Go OSU! Go OSU! Go OSU!

Happy Holidays.

P.S. If you were half the man I am you'd only be 2'10" tall.

Hand Job from Hell
I Love Dr.Bob! (HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA) (GAY AGENDA)