Cleaning Wounds No Gloves

I am a huge fan of your work and have sent donations in gladly a couple times. I hope you don't mind this simple query. I looked in the archives back to 2003 under non-sexual transmission and didn't find any postings related specifically to my recent potential exposure. A woman had a motorcycle accident and had a few bleeding wounds. I got a bowl of water, soap and a big cotton ball and cleaned the wounds. I rinsed the cotton ball out in the soapy water several times and continued to clean the wounds. Later I noticed an abrasion (2 days old, no blood, just red and raw) I had on a finger on the hand I used to clean the wounds. The finger with cut didn't come into direct contact with her wounds, but it did come in contact with the soapy water which had some of her blood in it. Is there any risk for HIV, Hepatitus or other virus transmission through this incident? Thanks in advance for your sage response. Samaritan in Indonesia

Hello Samaritan in Indonesia,

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the incident you describe is nonexistent. You contracted nothing but good cosmic karma for helping someone in need.

Be well.

Wondering about the odds
Hand Job from Hell