Wondering about the odds

My family is concerned that as a bisexual, currently with another woman, I am at a higher risk of HIV than if I was straight. Do you know if this is true or if this is just another suspicion?

Your family thinks that lesbian sexual activity places you at greater risk for HIV than if you were doing the horizontal mattress mambo with a guy?!?! Hmm . . . and people wonder why we need science-based sex education in this country rather than Dubya's disastrous "abstinence-only-till-marriage" program and puritanical views on same sex sexual activity!

Please advise your family that HIV is a virus and it really doesn't care if you're gay, straight, bi, curious-questioning or Mormon Republican. You can also point out that the prevalence of HIV is less in the lesbian community than in the heterosexual community. So if they are really worried about HIV and want to play the odds game, maybe they too should try some gal-on-gal action. That ought to shut them up rather quickly.

Stay safe. Stay well.

prevention pill
Cleaning Wounds No Gloves