Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

extreme tiredness after lap dance
Dec 24, 2007

First of all, i appreciate your wonderful work..i don't have enough words to thank you for this..

this is my situation..i am a decent guy who have a good relationship with my wife..due to some stress, visited a strip club 9 days back. this was my one and only visit so far. i was tempted for a lap dance by one of the ladies there and by my stupidity, i agreed for it. I was wearing a inner wear as well as a thin pant. She was sitting on top of me with a very thin thong and started dancing. very soon i ejaculated. i also licked her nipple for few secs..then she was doing some dance but i couldn't enjoy much since i was very tired by that time..thats all happened..after i got home, i woke up in the night and suddenly the thought of HIV crossed my mind and for the first time in my life, started reading about the disease. since then i have had severe tiredness, muscle pain and also little digestion problem..i thought it could be due to stress..then i got to know about your web site. after reading so many stories about lap dances and your wonderful answers, my fears about HIV started going away. however, i still get some muscle burning sensation and for the past 2 days, tiredness has become very severe..i am able to feel well as soon as i eat but after few hours i get very tired. especially it happens at particular time in the day..i am not able to explain the reason for it..from your answers, i realize that the signs will show only after 2-3 weeks..my questions are below

1. Is my tiredness, a reason of my stress. if yes, why i still get it even after i read so many assurances from your site 2. will my tiredness lead to severe signs once i cross the 2 weeks time frame? 3. do you have any case of HIV + people who have had tiredness within the first week of possible infection 4. I also have burning sensation in few parts of my body like hands and legs. Is it again a case of stress ? 5. Am i becoming the first person to get HIV by a lap dance. 6. Am i being too paraniod?

Please answer my questions and send me your good karma.

Thank you so much.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Tired Lap-Dance-Guy,

1. Yes, I believe your fatigue is indeed related to stress, anxiety and depression. You most likely still feel tired because you are still stressed out by this entire episode. You may also be feeling guilty.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Nope.

6. Yep.

I suggest you level with your wife if you have not already done so. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and anxiety; it's also the right thing to do. If you continue to worry about HIV and feel you've placed yourself at risk, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. However, seeing the negative result may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put your irrational and unwarranted worries permanently to rest. Also continue to review the information in the archives about lap dances and modes of HIV transmission. You should continue to find the information and testimonials there both enlightening and reassuring. Had you known more about HIV, HIV transmission and HIV symptoms prior to going to the local Badda Bing, I doubt you would be so worried now. Your worries are unwarranted and HIV is definitely not your problem!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you..Thank you & Thank you!
Next
Finally , I got tested and One question Pls

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.