Thank you..Thank you & Thank you!

Hey Dr. Robert

I wanted to say thank you for responding to a scared police officer's question! You truly are a rarity.. a fantastic human being! One more question if you dont mind.. Its been 24 days since my needle stick during a high risk narcotics bust.. At about the 17th day i developed a pounding headache behind my left eye and back of my head that is with me from the time i wake up to the time i go to bed..It has been with me for 7 days so far. I have been to a opthamalogist who said everything looked fine with my eyes and my personal doctor who sent me for a mri which indicated some inflamation on the right side of my sinuses. Also having some minor nausea.. Are these symptoms in themselves common among ARS?? I am taking your advice and not doing a PCR and will wait instead for antibody test

Let me know where i can make a donation please

Hi Police Officer,

Although retro-orbital (behind the eye) headaches can occur with HIV ARS, they are usually not one-sided. I should also point out the vast vast majority of retro-orbital headaches have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. That your eye exam was normal and your MRI showed sinus inflammation, but on the right side (as opposed to the left, where you feel the discomfort), still doesn't explain your persistent pounding headache. Because the symptoms are so persistent and causing some mild nausea (which is common with severe headaches), I would suggest you see a neurologist. They really are the pain specialists and would be best at elucidating the underlying cause of your problem. Certainly a stress-induced muscle-contraction headache could be considered, but there are other causes that should be evaluated as well. One thing I can do is reassure you that an isolated left retro-orbital headache is not highly suggestive of, or consistent with, HIV. OK?

Donations information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's website at concertedeffort.org.

Good luck. Feel better.

Scary Symptoms. . .HELP!
extreme tiredness after lap dance