PLEASE HELP ME [I BEG YOU]

Dear Dr. Bob,

I figured that you're a very busy doctor, but hopefully you can help me: I got test in Nov. 06 and March 07 and both test results came out negative. I started dating in June 07 and I went to go get tested (since we became sexual) and the results came back "indeterminate". I got tested three weeks after and the same results appeared. I went to another doctor to get tested and not suprisingly I'm still "indeterminate". I went to an HIV specialist yesterday and he told me that I'm "negative" and i have nothing to worry about. He told me to come back in two weeks to see why it's coming back "indeterminate", but he knows that I'm negative. I'm confused and I don't know what to do. Please help. Oh yea, my CD4 level in great and my viral load are great (I believe less than 48 or 58..don't remember the number). My ex-boyfriend is 100% sure that he's negative and is going to get tested sometime this week. HELP ME!!!! This is my second time writing and I just need an answer :(. One more thing...I do have HPV if that helps trying to figure out what's going on in my body.

You already have an HIV specialist advising you that you are HIV negative. Are you looking for a second opinion or do you not trust the HIV specialist you've already consulted??? Either way, I absolutely agree with him: You are HIV negative. If indeed your ex-main squeeze is HIV negative, your HIV-acquisition risk is essentially nonexistent. Multiple "indeterminate" HIV tests are not an uncommon occurrence. Just check the archives! (If you search for indeterminate test results you'll get over 500 references in this forum alone!) There are multiple potential causes for indeterminate HIV test results, including nonspecific cross-reacting antibodies. You can read about this and the other potential causes in the archives. So relax, Max! You're getting bent out of shape for no reason! The HIV specialist appointment in two weeks should further clear things up for you and provide additional reassurance, OK?

Should I retest at a year?
hiv or oddball chronic infection?