Oral Sex

I am asking this question for the third time in the hope that you read it and feel the compassion to answer me. If it helps I will offer a donation if you reply.

I am basically after clarification on the risk of protected oral and hiv transmission.

I would like to know when using a latex condom is there a 'low risk' or 'no risk' of transmitting HIV to the recipient of the blowjob. (assuming the condom didn't break). If it is deemed as low risk then what are the circumstances it can be passed. I would also like to know if it is essentially safe to sleep with my girlfriend, or whether I should wait and get tested. (3 months or 6 months?). I am anxious, tired of making excuses and fearfull of my future - please help.

Please note that if and when my ordeal finishes and I am in the clear I am going to celebrate by running a sponsored half marathon and donate the funds to your worthy cause. This will be one way of motivating myself to train this year!!

I did not reply to your two previous posts because the information you request is readily available in the archives! (Have a look!) Briefly, HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. If a latex (or polyurethane) condom was used properly for penetrative sex and did not fail, the HIV-transmission risk would be nonexistent. It makes no difference which poles wind up in which holes, so long as they are dressed for the occasion, so to speak, OK? If for whatever reason you feel you may have placed yourself at risk for HIV, an HIV-antibody test (rapid test or ELISA) would be recommended at the three-month mark. Based on what you've written, your HIV risk would indeed be "no risk."

Good luck with your upcoming half marathon. If you're nearby, perhaps I'll run it with you.

Be well. Stay well. Nol! (You are indeed well!)

Scared Police Officer
Should I disclose after the fact?