The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

blood in the eye again back

Dec 21, 2007

Hello Dr. Bob, it is me again. Your answer you gave me the last time has been very reassuring for me. Thank you very much again. However, I can not manage to get the hiv-stuff out of my head among others because my nodes are still swollen (5 on the left side of my neck, one to the right, two in the groin left) and I have to gulp all the time. That is a big burden to me. So I took a cd4 cd8 determination about 28 weeks after possible exposure:

cd4 866 49% cd8 371 21%

cd4/cd8 2,3

Could these values present after six month of infection, or would the cd8 cells be on a much higher level due to their fight against hiv and the cd4 cells be much lower ?!

Thank you very much for your answer.

Response from Dr. Frascino


If you can't "get the HIV-stuff out of (your) head," you need to see a head doctor (psychiatrist or counselor), not get totally unnecessary immunological tests! Your T-cell subset analysis is very predictably totally normal and completely unwarranted! Your problem is your irrational fear of being HIV infected, not actually being HIV infected. Stop wasting time, energy and money on tests you don't need and instead get the counseling you definitely do need to help you confront your "head" problem.

Dr. Bob

Is it possible to get hiv this way?
Scared Police Officer

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint