re false negatives

please dr bob im the one with the false negative questions and i forgot to say that here where we live now my husbands brother wife lost her baby in feb 07 due to the cmv igm recent infection and i think if that my cmv was reactivated that maybe she got it from me and that i klled her baby please i am not asking a question now i am so lost because i have three kids and my last is 4 months old i know you get thousand of these questions a day but i am not crazy or anything i know that these feelings in my legs and hands are pn my neurg. never even botherd to check for thyorid or anything she just said depression is a psychratic disease and thats why i have these symptoms there is a lot of mental illness in my family ocd manic depression and bi polar my grandmother was on lithium foe 53 yrs and was hospitalized for 3mos. and had shock therapy so my theroy is this its been almost 8 yrs since i got married my last sex enconter befor i got married was in dec. of 99 so the pn and my underweight baby my last baby , was all due to my crashed immune system but i kept telling muself that if i could make antibodies to g. herpes at age 16 and hep.a virus at 29 then surley i could have antibodies to hiv but then i think of my kids and my husband diying of aids and i cant help but think these are false negatives because of the pn there are days i think i can go on and we will face this togather and most of the time im ready to get the knife and cut my wrist dont get me wrong im not crazy i know fully what im doing but hiv dosent scare me but when i think of anyone that i have murderd then hiv terrifes me i know one thing that GOD will send me to the devil for this even though i didnt know that i might have hiv i just hope that HE gives us as much time togather as possible i love my kids with all my soul and my husband is the best he is my rock and the only heaven i will ever see is being here with them now in this life aand knowing that one beautiful day GOD will give them the PEACE they deserve and that my babies wont suffer anymore and what huts me so bad is that when my kids come home with pics. they drew of me at school or my baby smiled at me for the first time , that one day they will want to kill me themselves i justwant to say to you that i hope GOD blesses you for the work you do and that you have a peaceful life after this one is over and also to say thank you because you tell so many people everyday you think they are negative for hiv and i know thats hard for you in some way because of living with hiv GOD bless you dr and i hope you have a wonderful christmas thank you for your time

Back so soon?

". . . most of the time i'm ready to get the knife and cut my wrist . . . don't get me wrong i'm not crazy . . . ." Hmm . . . I have not gotten you wrong, and yes, I do think you are crazy. ". . . i know fully what i'm doing but hiv doesn't scare me but when i think of anyone that i have 'murderd' then hiv 'terrifes' me i know one thing that GOD will send me to the devil for this . . . ." Hmm . . . yep, no doubt about it: You're certifiably whacked to the max.

Lady, turn off the computer and go see a psychiatrist immediately. I absolutely agree with your "neurg." (Whatever the hell that is.) Your problems are psychiatric, not virologic! You have a strong family history of mental illness. Your suicidal thoughts, perseverations on an illness you could not possibly have and extremely depressed mood together with thoughts that you've murdered your family or that your kids will one day want to kill you reveal sever psychopathology that warrants immediate evaluation and treatment. I urge you to get the help you desperately need without delay, OK?

Good luck. (I think you'll need it!)

false negatives Dec 16, 2007

dr bob in what case would you suspect a false negative if a person came to you with 3 negative eia taken 7 yrs out of the window period and in those 7 yrs came down with pn tonsilitis folliculitis and what they thought was cmv reactivation would you think they were false negatives please give me your opinion

If someone came to me with three negative EIA tests out to seven years from their last potential exposure, I would not "suspect false negative" test results. Rather I would question their presumptive diagnoses of HIV-related peripheral neuropathy and CMV reactivation! Tonsillitis and folliculitis are such common ailments that I would not be at all concerned about them over a seven-year period. The vast majority of cases of tonsillitis and folliculitis have absolutely nothing to do with HIV! My advice to this individual is that she is HIV negative. Her three negative tests out to seven years are definitive and conclusive. Whatever caused her "symptoms," one thing is certain: it wasn't HIV! If she is having difficulty accepting the wonderful news that she is HIV negative, she should consider getting counseling to help her conquer her irrational and totally unwarranted fears of being HIV infected.

Please Please Please look at me and read!!!!!
DR. BOB YOU'RE THE MAN!!! CAN I WOO-HOO?