persistent doubts

Dear Dr. Bob,

Have a Happy Holliday Season and may 2008 bring you more laughter and happiness!

Am I becoming paranoid or what?

For almost a year I have been experiencing ongoing problems with my stool : clay, not formed and yellowish many times. I am consulting GE doc in this matter.

Sometimes I don't know which symptoms I can attribute to HIV are for real and which ones are a product of my imagination (few night sweats, tardiness in the evening, occasional cold hands, loss of muscle weight, etc).

I am trying to be rational but in the back of my head I speculate that HIV tests don't work on me because of exposure time frame, unknown group, mutations, etc. (prior exposures 5-12 years ago in Europe).

Having been reassured by your response in the past, other doctors I have talked to and tests, I asked my physician to order again HIV Western Blot, HIV 1/O/2 ICMA antibody and DNA PCR tests. All came back negative. Is it possible they would be false-negative or am I becoming psycho-sicko (Sicko documentary is superb)?

The new Concerted Effort website is chic (as always, donation forwarded)!

somewhat worried

"Having been reassured by your response in the past, others doctors I have talked to and tests, I asked my physician to order again HIV Western Blot, HIV 1/0/2 ICMA antibody and DNA PCR tests."!!??!!?? Hmm . . . apparently you weren't all that "reassured" after all!!! Predictably all your tests came back negative. So now you are wondering if they all could be false-negatives!?!? Hmm . . . so the key question you pose is: "Is it possible they would be false-negative or am I becoming psycho-sicko?" The answer is psycho-sicko, definitely psycho-sicko. Look sweetie, exactly which part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding???

Stop testing? HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. If you continue to perseverate on HIV, you need to seek counseling, because your fears are completely unwarranted and totally irrational.

Glad you liked the new Web site design (www.concertedeffort.org).

Happy Holidays to you as well.

Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing, OK?

Forgetting PEP(donation in message)
is there a risk of hiv?