23 weeks. Please conclude the issue before new year holiday

Dr. Bob, This is the last question for my side. Please let me enjoy the new year holiday. I am so finished in 2007 and want to conclude this issue.

July 20 was the date when I experienced an insertive anal sex with a gay without protection. I have no idea about the hiv status of the guy. I asked him but he didn't answer me. I read almost all your comments and you say if there is an unknown status, 3 months will be enough. However, if he is hiv positive, I would need an extra test at 6 month-mark. Unfortunately, I do not know but totally believe that he was hiv positive.Anyway, this may be my personal problem. So, i focused on 6 month test althouh my 20 weeks test was negative. BUT, 28 December will be the exactly 23 weeks. I will take hiv combo-duo test. They give the results in 3 hours. If it is negative, can i say that, I am 100 % hiv negative even though the guy was hiv positive?

Thank you sir. I have read your comments since July and I have never need you much more than now. A simple answer "yes" or "no" will change my life. Thank you. Regards

Karma-From Italia

I would consider your repeatedly negative results out to 23 weeks, including the combo-duo test following unprotected insertive anal sex with a guy of unknown serostatus, to be definitive and conclusive.

Happy Holidays. Good luck with your Dec. 28 test!

How long after infection do you develop symptoms
penis sucking