false negatives

dr bob in what case would you suspect a false negative if a person came to you with 3 negative eia taken 7 yrs out of the window period and in those 7 yrs came down with pn tonsilitis folliculitis and what they thought was cmv reactivation would you think they were false negatives please give me your opinion

If someone came to me with three negative EIA tests out to seven years from their last potential exposure, I would not "suspect false negative" test results. Rather I would question their presumptive diagnoses of HIV-related peripheral neuropathy and CMV reactivation! Tonsillitis and folliculitis are such common ailments that I would not be at all concerned about them over a seven-year period. The vast majority of cases of tonsillitis and folliculitis have absolutely nothing to do with HIV! My advice to this individual is that she is HIV negative. Her three negative tests out to seven years are definitive and conclusive. Whatever caused her "symptoms," one thing is certain: it wasn't HIV! If she is having difficulty accepting the wonderful news that she is HIV negative, she should consider getting counseling to help her conquer her irrational and totally unwarranted fears of being HIV infected.

Dr. Bob, will you give me a job?
Should I put my Christmas turkey in the freezer or is my goose cooked?