Dr. Bob, will you give me a job?

Hi Dr. Bob, Some stupid doctor in MD told me to get tested every six months for three years following a high risk exposure. I the unfortunate guy, listened to her and waited and panicked and got tested every 6 months upto 3 years after my exposure. During this time, i pretty much read each and every question in the archives. I am HIV negative. During this time i went into lot of depression, was on depression medications, lost my life, my job, my loved one(my fiance). I have nothing left. Now i found a very good job, but i want to help people, by answering there concerns. I dont mind whether i get paid or not, i was to answer there questions. I do not have medical background, but i am well versed in as to how HIV is spread. I have done my Masters in Engineering. I clearly told the MD doctor, that the ID specialists are saying that all i need to do is to wait for six months. She said that is not true, some people have low viral load bla bla bla and it takes upto 3 years.

I want to slap her for ruining my life. I lost so much. Will you give me a job.

-:)

You are doing a great work to the society, you are simply a great person.

A doctor told you to get tested every six moths for three years???? Amazing! Gosh, he's as bad as Dubya and Cheney as far as just making shit up with absolutely no facts or common sense behind the assertions!

Hopefully you are no longer going to see Dr. Blah Blah Blah, who claims to have better knowledge about HIV testing that the specialists trained in this field.

As for giving you a job, actually you don't need me or any formal structure to promote accurate HIV awareness and prevention information. As your personal story demonstrates, misinformation is rampant at all levels of our society. I'd suggest you act locally by educating your friends, family, acquaintances and local organizations. Clearly we need a grassroots campaign to regalvanize our efforts. As the saying goes, "think globally, act locally."

Be well.

UNEASY IN THE BIG EASY
false negatives