getting no answers (WHY DONT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION?)

hi Bob,,l come to this site daily trying to see if u`ve kindly answered my question.All l get is disappointment as people who have asked after me have gotten theirs answers.thats all. thanks

I'm willing to wager that on your daily visits to this site, which end in frustration and disappointment because I haven't responded to your individual question, you may well have overlooked questions already posted that address your concerns. For example, this question about not getting a specific response from me has been addressed many times before. See below for just a small sampling! I suggest you read those archival posts and follow the advice given, i.e. check the archives, make sure your question makes sense, etc. If after doing so you still feel your question warrants a specific response, please resubmit it, OK?

"Questions most likely to be answered will be those of general interest to a broad group of visitors to this forum". Sep 15, 2007

Have a doubt regarding this line.I have been asking a question six times with a lot of mental agony and depression pinned to it,and waitinf for an answer. It hasnt been answered yet, so Im just wondering WHO decides whether my question is "rare", the computer?? Maybe Im expecting too much from a website, but yours looks like the best and for me the only place to get an answer.I have no choice, Im not in the United states where aids is just another disease..with a lot of support groups,meds n stuff.We are not that lucky,doc.We need your answering more,its critical.

Who decides? I do! Please note I receive thousands of questions on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber-universe. I can only respond to a very small percentage, because there is only one of me and gazillions of "yous!" I do read every question. If your question has not been answered, chances are I have already addressed similar concerns in the past and the answer or reassurance you desire is already waiting for you in the archives. Another reason for not getting a personal response is that the question is too hypothetical or incomprehensible. You mention your question has been asked "six times with a lot of mental agony and depression pinned to it." Please note I'm not a psychiatrist. If your problem is mental agony and depression, you may well need the help of a mental health practitioner, not an HIV/AIDS specialist. I urge you to use the archives and also to review the question you are repeatedly resubmitting. If after doing that you still feel your question warrants a personal response, the best I can offer is that you try to resubmit your question, perhaps clarifying its intent.

Finally, as a person living with HIV in the United States, I can assure you AIDS is not "just another disease" here.

Why you don't answer questions... Jun 20, 2007

Over the years I've submitted so many questions, but they've never been answered. Sometimes the irrational part of my thought process thinks it's because the question might be too borderline to give a good answer, so you err on the side of not answering at all. For example, I recently asked a question about a friend passing me a glass around the rim with his dirty, fresh from the bathroom hands, and i I wondered if urine, blood and whatever he might have touched on the surfaces, door handles, etc, and then I had to put my mouth on the rim of the glass and I had a cut in my mouth where a molar tooth is coming through. Was I at risk? And when I didn't see an answer, I wondered if it might have been too borderline to answer? Please help. Maybe other people have the same fears when their questions go unanswered?

Over the years you've submitted so many questions, but they've never been answered????? Hmmm . . . well, let's see. You want to know the HIV risk of a friend passing you a glass touching the rim with his dirty, fresh-from-the-bathroom hands. You're concerned whether urine, blood or whatever might have touched the surfaces of door handles and then on to your friend's hands and from there on to the rim of the glass and from there into your mouth, which might have had a cut or perhaps a molar tooth coming in . . . . Hmmm . . . and you really wonder why I might skip over "so many questions" like these???

In addition you ask, "Maybe other people have the same fears . . . ?" That one I'll answer. Nope! No one is quite this neurotic.

ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oct 27, 2003

Doctor, I demand an answer to my question! I've asked it multiple times before over the past month and still you have not replied. Why not? I've waited long enough! It's my turn and I demand you answer my question about that whore who sucked me off. Tired of waiting, Mr. X

Excuse me, but you "demand" an answer? I'll bet you were an only child growing up, always used to getting your way, right? OK, here's your answer, but it may not be the one you were anticipating:

1. "Whore" is not polite or politically correct. Let's just call them "virginally challenged" pleasure professionals, OK? 2. This forum is not a delicatessen where you can march up to the counter and demand service. It's not your prerogative, and no matter how long you've waited, you just many not get a "turn!" 3. I have no way of back searching the thousands of e-mails that come flooding into this forum, so I have no idea which question you are even referring to. 4. This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks who have questions about fatigue and anemia. Being "tired of waiting" for a response doesn't qualify. You'll need to submit your blowjob questions to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum. But before you do so, I'd suggest you check the archives, as chances are quite good you'll find a similar question that has already been answered and posted, particularly if it involves nob-slobbing "virginally challenged" pleasure professionals.

Hi Doctor Bob Jun 17, 2007

I have ask 2 diffrent question at 2 diffrent times, But I never get a responce. Is there a reason? Did I upset someone at The Body by asking my question? If so could you please let me know. That way I will stop asking questions. I just found out in Sept 2006 that I am HIV positive and I am still learning about HIV through reading etc.

Upset? Nah, it takes a lot to get us upset. The reality is that I receive thousands of questions on a continuous basis from throughout the cyber universe. Unfortunately I can only respond to a small fraction of them. Why? Well, do the arithmetic. There are billions of you and only one of me. Honey, believe me, I'm typing as fast as I can.

Let me make several quick points about your post:

1. Since you are confirmed to be HIV positive already, are you certain you are posting your queries to the proper forum? This forum deals with safer sex/HIV prevention.

2. Often we skip over questions that we've already addressed in detail previously. Have you searched the archives for the information you desire?

3. All HIV-positive folks should be under the care of an HIV specialist. That specialist should be ready, willing and able to address any and all of your concerns.

4. Since you are relatively newly diagnosed and still learning about HIV, I would encourage you to peruse the basic information that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links." There you will find sections including "Just Diagnosed," "HIV Testing Basics" and "HIV Medications" among others.

5. Finally, if after availing yourself of the wealth of information on this site and searching the archives for your specific concerns, you still have a specific unanswered question not adequately addressed by your HIV specialist, I would encourage you to resubmit your question. OK?

Good luck!

no reply Dr Bob???? Aug 10, 2007

Dr Bob, i sent my question a few times and havnt had a reply??? i even made a donation not for a response but bc i believe in the cause.

I receive thousands of questions on a continual basis from throughout the cyber universe. Unfortunately I can only respond to a small fraction of them, no matter how fast I type, as there is only one of me and gazillions of yous! I do read all the questions submitted. If I have not responded to your question, there is probably a reason. The most common reasons include:

1. I've answered similar questions previously and the information or reassurance requested is already readily available in the archives.

2. The question is not understandable.

3. The question is too hypothetical.

I would suggest you review your question to see if any of the above three conditions might be the cause for your not getting a response. In particular I encourage you to search the archives! Once I read a question, if I choose not to respond to it for any reason, I do not go back and review it again, as there are way too many new questions piling in on top of it. So if after reviewing the above, you still feel your question deserves a reply, the best I can suggest is that you resubmit it.

Finally, thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. As I have frequently stated, donations do not influence which questions are chosen for posting. My services here are free and available to all, whether or not they chose to make a donation to my foundation. Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation should be given only in the spirit of generosity, compassion and a desire to help those in desperate need.

Thanks for your understanding.

BOB PLEASE I SEND IN A MILLION TIMES BUT NO REPLY Mar 23, 2003

Dear Bob,I have been trying my luck sending in post like gambling in vegas but to no avail.So I just wanna try the last bet to see if you would see it.Few days ago,I was french kissing a street walker and she perform oral sex on my penis behind the carpark.Now I am overwhemled with this sort of anxiety which is not right and I regret my foolish actionswhich made me wanna cry when I think of this.Ok so I did cry in the dark but that doesn't make my worries but only more stress and worried. I am planning I MUST GO FOR A TEST AT 12 WEEKS BY HOOK OR BY CROOK.Can you tell me something which will ease my worries like am I high risk or do I need a test so on ... By the way you did a wonderful job Bob and hope you continue helping people like us . WORRIED WELL PEOPLE.

PS:I ALSO TOUCH HER RIGHT BREAST AND A CONDOM WAS ON AND INTACT THROUGHOUT THE EVENT

Hello Worried Well Person,

Well, you may not have sent your question a "million times," but you did certainly send it repeatedly over and over again in rapid succession. I tend to delete these "mass mailings", because they clog up my mailbox. Again, all you mass e-mailers (and you know who you are!), please don't send the same question over and over and over again, as it actually decreases the likelihood I'll answer it. OK? You've been warned. Folks, if I don't answer your question in a week or 2, and you can't find a similar post in the archives, just resubmit the question again at that time. OK?

OK, now following that public service announcement, its back to you, Worried Well Person. If, as you state, "a condom was on and intact throughout," then your chances of contracting HIV are exactly zero - zilch, zip, nada. HIV cannot pass through a latex condom. Second, French kissing carries an essentially negligible risk, and touching her "right breast" carries no risk. (By the way, why only the right breast? Was something wrong with the left?) Stop crying, stop stressing, and stop sending the same question over and over again. If you had read some of my previous posts, you would already know I don't believe HIV testing is necessary or warranted for French kissing, right (and/or left) breast touching, and/or oral sex with a condom (behind the car park or anywhere else for that matter). If you want to get tested, fine. That's totally up to you. Twelve weeks would be the correct time for it.

I hope this sets your mind at ease. As for gambling in Vegas, I enjoy that, and I'm willing to bet very high stakes indeed that you are negative. OK?

Good luck and continue to play safe to keep the odds always strongly in your favor.

thanks for the Cd
Deep, deep depression continues