For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

What should I do?

I believe that I have a sexually transmitted disease, but I don't know what to do. I can't go to the doctor because I have nom insurance and I have no money. What should I do?

Since all industrialized nations, except the United States, have some sort of universal health care for their citizens, I can only assume you are one of the 48,000,000 Americans without health care coverage. My advice is to go to the health department in your city. It should have a free STD screening clinic.

I'm hopeful that once se send Dimwit Dubya back to Crawford, Texas we'll be able to pass universal health care coverage. I can't believe that today he again vetoed the SCHIP program, which would have provided health care coverage for an additional 10,000,000 kids in need! Cheney may have a bad heart, but Dubya apparently has no heart at all.

Merry Christmas !
Re: Do all HIVers deserve care?..Apologies.