HIV Viral Load Numbers
Dec 13, 2007
I was diagnosed HIV positive in late October after two indeterminant tests.
I have had three viral load tests. The first one came back with 30,000 copies. The second one, which was done about three weeks later, was 60,000. The last one I got in mid-November showed a drop to 9,500.
I am not on any medication, but I did get a flu shot about three weeks before the second viral load test. Could this have had an impact?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, vaccines can and often do produce a transient rise in HIV plasma viral load. Your laboratory results demonstrate this phenomenon very well indeed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Does Having Diarrhea Affect Absorption Of HIV Meds?
- Having Unprotected Anal Sex With Hiv Positive Man
- Hiv Transmission In Lesbian Sex With Grinding Or Oral Sex
- INSERTIVE ORAL SEX WITH CUT ON PENIS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.