The crap you have to put up with

Whilst I dont agree with everything you say (particularly around tetsing or very rare and mutated strains), it is incredulous that you receive posts such as Not a question, more of a statement and Youre so full of shit. This site is an incredible resource for people with (or without) HIV. I suggest the relevant posters read the articles and the forums (including the inactive ones such as spiritual health and HIV thank God for Rev Dr. Stephen Pieters, Fr. Rod, and Rabbi JB Sacks-Rosen). They might then realise:

history will not look kindly on our response to the AIDS pandemic or to those in desperate need

the moral default in refusing to provide the resources which could save millions of Africans

They might then want to think how they will answer when their grandchildren ask them where were you when 100 million died? I reckon if everyone donated US$130 a year to a HIV/AIDS charity for the next 18 years it would make a tremendous difference. Id almost go as far to say that we are morally compelled to do so.

Roger (London, UK)

Hi Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and for your support even if you don't agree with everything I say!

The two meanspirited posts you reference generated quite an amazing response from the many readers of this forum. Seems like there is a whole lot of really bad karma headed in the direction of those two dudes.

As for charity toward those in need, I couldn't agree more. Actually whether giving money or just compassion, I've always found that whatever I offer is returned to me one-thousand fold.

Be well Roger.

Methods of contracting HIV
HIV Viral Load Numbers