Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3 months after PEP
Dec 13, 2007

Hi Dr Rob, hope all is well with you,-its the UK guy again. After three months of a risky exposure(unprotected with HIV+ female) my test has remained negative, even HIV DUO(antibody+p24 antigen) conducted 3.5 wks ago. I am in no way glorifying PEP nor am i claiming victory because i know i have to wait three more months fore a conclusive test, but i felt the need to let you know this and to thank you for the support and advice. However the results will turn out to be, i know i will forever beat myself up for making such a silly mistake and i am still struggling to live with myself. Over the last three months, i have learned ALOT about HIV, i could write a book. Nobody deserves HIV and nobody should learn the hard way like i have, so please folks use protection always!!! i couldnt shout louder. My mistake was mixing lust with alcohol and the end result was a shameful and dangerous episode of unprotected sex (NEVER AGAIN!!). I continue to admire your work and will donate to your foundation as soon as i am able to. Thank you and i hope you post this for everyone out there to read. Ill also get bk to you after 3 months not only to let you know the final outcome, but also to HOPEFULLY tell a success story. I am not going to ask you if i can WOO-HOO because i know what you will say,but can i at least WOO?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi UK-Guy,

Sure, I'll gladly post your comment and sage advice.

Congrats on your negative tests to date. I agree you can't scream a full-throated, ferociously-committed, ear-splitting WOO-HOO just yet, but I do strongly suggest you spend the next few months intently practicing to do just that, because I'm quite confident you'll be able to let loose like a banshee in heat after that six-month confirmatory test, OK?

My good-luck karma is with you!

Cheers. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
About ARS (interesting question, I think) (NATURAL HISTORY) (ARS SYMPTOMS)
Next
Change the channel if you dont like Dr Bobs advice!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.