3 months after PEP

Hi Dr Rob, hope all is well with you,-its the UK guy again. After three months of a risky exposure(unprotected with HIV+ female) my test has remained negative, even HIV DUO(antibody+p24 antigen) conducted 3.5 wks ago. I am in no way glorifying PEP nor am i claiming victory because i know i have to wait three more months fore a conclusive test, but i felt the need to let you know this and to thank you for the support and advice. However the results will turn out to be, i know i will forever beat myself up for making such a silly mistake and i am still struggling to live with myself. Over the last three months, i have learned ALOT about HIV, i could write a book. Nobody deserves HIV and nobody should learn the hard way like i have, so please folks use protection always!!! i couldnt shout louder. My mistake was mixing lust with alcohol and the end result was a shameful and dangerous episode of unprotected sex (NEVER AGAIN!!). I continue to admire your work and will donate to your foundation as soon as i am able to. Thank you and i hope you post this for everyone out there to read. Ill also get bk to you after 3 months not only to let you know the final outcome, but also to HOPEFULLY tell a success story. I am not going to ask you if i can WOO-HOO because i know what you will say,but can i at least WOO?

Hi UK-Guy,

Sure, I'll gladly post your comment and sage advice.

Congrats on your negative tests to date. I agree you can't scream a full-throated, ferociously-committed, ear-splitting WOO-HOO just yet, but I do strongly suggest you spend the next few months intently practicing to do just that, because I'm quite confident you'll be able to let loose like a banshee in heat after that six-month confirmatory test, OK?

My good-luck karma is with you!

Cheers. Happy Holidays.

About ARS (interesting question, I think) (NATURAL HISTORY) (ARS SYMPTOMS)
Change the channel if you dont like Dr Bobs advice!!