Stigma, Stigma, ughhh, Stigma

Hello Dr Bob, After reading the post from the person that wants to only treat the "Innocent" people with HIV I am about ready to come unglued. I aslo did not ask to have HIV and I do not know a single person that has. As for "Blameworthy" I count myself no more blameworthy than any other person living with the challenges of HIV on a daily basis. From time to time when I am at home I have sought support from some of the internet websites similar to the forums here and I have always without fail run into HIV bashers, Dissidents and denialist that would spout their filth from the protection of being behind a computer screen. I have heard all the usual "just ignore it" type of responces from family and friends. I for one am glad that you post this type of stuff and have the guts to stand up to it. In my opinion we will never fully be able prevent, treat properly, or find a cure for HIV while this kind of stigma pervades society. I am just now after four years from diagnosis getting somewhat comfortable with telling people that I have AIDS. It is always easy to support people when they are just diagnosed, sick as a dog and they are afraid they might die. What happens when we live? People slowly fade away and don't really want to deal with something as socially unacceptable as HIV. So thank you for posting and responding to Mr idiot. We need more people to stand up and do the same. As for me, my name is Scott , I have written to you before on occasion, (we found out how low is low), I am still kicking after all this and dont plan to give up anytime soon. As a single person I have started my own campaign to help rasie awareness of the social stigma that comes with having HIV and AIDS. It is called scottsfriends.com.It is a simple website but fromthe heart. It is my goal to spread a simple message, offer friendship to someone with HIV or AIDS, and in doing so start a conversation that will help bring HIV and the fears that go with out of the shadows. If yu have a spare moment take a look at scottsfriends.com. I would be honored to have you leave a comment and be the start of hopefully many endorsements. All are welcome. Peace to you Dr. Bob and keep up the good work,Your friend,Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your insights as well as the information about your efforts to raise awareness and decrease the stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS. Thanks also for your support and kind comments.

Best of luck with your new venture.

Be well.

trying to get your response pls help
Thank You!