Not a Question, more of a statement!

This is in reference to the question asked you "BOB" on March 3rd 2004, Titled: How can i not be infected? You know Bob, I found this mans question reasonable, after all, how many "mis-diognoses" are there a year...his continual problems and the fact that this woman had HIV was enough for personal cencern, the fact that he has a wife warrents the concern. I found your message back to this man to be nothing less than an explosion of sarcasm! And you know what "BOB" readers can see, that the only possible reason you would have even responded to this mans question feeling the way you obviously did about it, was because you find enjoyment from that kind of "melicious" Bed Side Manner, after all "BOB" if it was such a waist of your time...why respond right....and further more "BOB" perhaps you should get off that high horse and realize, it was not just your time waisted as you so see it, the man who felt you to be compassionate and "GENUIN" also wasted his time didnt he, and guess what "BOB" so did all the people such as myself, who actually read your shallow, self serving answer, expecting to hear something substantial, even if it was a simple "NO, I dont believe you have the HIV infection". So maybe "BOB" your need to be in the spotlight, has left you so "THIN" that you no longer have all the necessary atributes including but not limited to, a caring bed side manner, and maybe "BOB" this is a very distinct sign that "you" need to seak counseling.

Fran (MI)

Hello "FRAN,"

WOW "FRAN," if you got your undies in a bundy about my response to that March 2004 question and feel that my comments were "an explosion of sarcasm," I'd better brace myself for a potential nuclear blast of anger by the time you read some of my more recent posts.

Interestingly, my bedside manner (on both the professional and romantic fronts) has been called many things, but never "melicious" before.

If you find nothing "substanial" in my posts and only "shallow, self serving answers," well I invite you to permanently sign off this site. After all, I wouldn't want you to miss your usual Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh shows!

Finally, I'll repost the question and my response from March 3, 2004 that provoked your vicious diatribe as I still stand by the information I presented, the advice I offered and even my witty repartee!

Oh and FRAN, do check the expiration date on your psych meds and consider asking for a refund on those anger management classes you attended last year, OK?

How can i not be infected ? Mar 3, 2004

Dr, I know your swamped with questions but if you can answer this i would greatly appreciate it.I know you get a lot of questions from worried well people,but my case is a little different.Sept,16 1995 I had a one night stand with a girl who i met for less then a minute.(extremely drunk at a party).She bled all over me on my hands and penis.I had a open sore by the shaft of my penis.vaginsl sex for about an hour.10 days later i got extremely ill.Started out with an ill feeling in my stomach which i couldn't shake and then i woke up the next morning with an extremely sore but burning throat.More like a burning throat also i had no appetitite and a very ill feeling.No fever but body was very hot.The sore throat was so persistent i went to the hospital emergency room and tested for strep throat.It was negative.The doctor said my lymph nodes were swollen.I'm not sure if they were just the ones in my neck.They diagnosed me with acute pharyngitis.Symptons lasted about 2 weeks.brutally ill.a couple of days later i find out for sure the girl i slept with had the hiv virus.She had told her roomate who notified me after finding out i slept with her and got brutally ill 10 days later.I confirmed it with the girl who's excuse was she was drunk and thought i used a condom.Which i attempted to do but i couldn't get it on.At this point i knew nothing about hiv or acute viral syndrome.here are my test results antibody negative at 1,3,5,6,9,11,24,48,81 months from the exposure.p24 antigen negative at 9 months from exposure which i was told after it was a useless test because of the timeframe.viral load 316, 9 months from exposure which i was told was a false reading.viral load undectable 11 months from exposure.qualitive pcr negative at 24months and 48 months from exposure.viral load undectable 81 months from exposure.(less then 50 copies)cd4 845 ratio 1.88 and total lymphocyte count 1798 6 in a half years from exposure.total lymphocyte count dropped to 1374 3 months after it was at 1798. the differential was 25.8.Those were my last tests.that was june of 2002.It has been 8yrs 5 months from the exposure.about two years ago i developed seboherric dermatitis head,eyebrows,nose,cheeks and forehead.It doesn't run in my family also i have extremely dry skin (itchy).All the ingredients were there for infection.The arvs like illness 10 days later,seboherric dermatitis and extremely dry skin 7 years later maybe swollen lymph nodes in my neck and under arms.I have to get that checked out.they feel tender.It seems like everything is there for infection except i never tested antibody positive.I don't know what to do i feel like i'm putting my wife at risk.Should i be getting cd4 counts consistently to play it safe?I really feel i'm that one in 10,000 unless it is more common then we know.Doc i know your whole story and i feel for you.The last thing i want is to infect my wife and to go untreated if i really do have it.I appreciate any response.I see you respond to the worried wells who didn't even have a definate exposure.It's the equivelance of majic johnson bleeding all over me. Best of luck in your battle. Your an extremely genuine person.

Your question about possible HIV transmission needs to be sent to the Safe Sex/HIV Prevention Forum, not to this Fatigue/Anemia Forum. I'll post it in the Safe Sex Forum. (Other readers, please note that this forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those with HIV-related fatigue and anemia. So if you've posted an "am I infected?" type question here, you'll need to resubmit the question to the other forum, OK?)

Sir, I'll answer this question very briefly, and if you have additional questions, please send them to me at the Safe Sex Forum.

You met a girl for one minute and had sex for about an hour? OK, guess neither of you believe in long courtships or foreplay. From what you have written, you are not HIV-positive, even though you did have an HIV exposure. Not all (in fact, not even most) HIV exposures lead to HIV transmission. Your tests are conclusive, definitive, and very excessive. Negative antibody tests at 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 11, 24, 48, and 81 months; false positive, minimally elevated viral load at nine months; followed by negative PCR at 24, 48, and 81 months and normal CD4 counts and ratios on several occasions all this is extreme overkill and can mean only one thing: HIV is not your problem. Stop testing!

As for your claim, "All the ingredients were there for an infection," -- fine. I'll agree you had an HIV exposure. But that exposure ("all the ingredients") did not result in your becoming HIV-positive. I'll make an "ingredient" analogy for you. In my kitchen, I have "all the ingredients" for a chocolate Grand Marnier Souffle. That does not mean I actually have the Souffle to eat, right?

As for "equivelance of majic johnson bleeding all over me," -- no. I think it would take you longer than a minute to get Magic into bed, and besides, he doesn't even have a vagina.

Again, my advice is for you to stop testing. And, I strongly advise you to seek professional counseling. You seem to have great difficultly accepting your negative HIV status. Bring this response with you to your first visit with the therapist. It will help focus your discussion.

Last, perhaps it will help for you to consider the number of lives that could have been saved by treating those who are actually suffering with the challenges of living with HIV, if the money you have wasted on repetitive, unnecessary, and unwarranted testing had been routed to them instead. Think about it the next time you put your arm out for yet another useless test.

herpes 2
Does Chiropractic Care Strengthen Immunity?