Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Dr!
Dec 9, 2007

I have been paranoid for 4 months, wondering if I had contracted the disease after a unprotected blowjob 4 months. It was the day after the exposure did I realised that I could have been infected as well through unprotected insertive oral-sex. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. The worst part was, I couldn't confide to anyone. I hated myself. Not only have I destroyed my own future, I would cause misery to others or worse still, infected them unknowingly. A few weeks later, I manifested a few symptoms associated with ARS. Swollen lymph node, dry mouth, ulcers. That freaked me out. To my horror, the white tongue never seemed to go away and I always seem to have a dry mouth. On top of that, I found a few painful ulcers on my gum. That was week 10 after my exposure. I was paranoid. I literally spent days looking up on HIV and visiting your site. I couldn't do anything and constantly feel depressed. I was sure I going to go mad if I didn't go for a test. It was either I get treatment as soon as possible if the result was + or get on with my life if it was -. After the 3 months of ordeal, I finally went for HIV screen, a week later (today), the result turned out to be negative. I am grateful that I was given a second chance and I thank Dr Bob and the rest of the experts for this wonderful site for people to share their own experiences and doubts. This site has been my anchor during this 4 months. Good job! May God bless all of you! Just a word of advice any doubtful individuals out, don't diagnose it yourself, most of the time the symptons are due to your own stress and anxiety. Go for a test and get on with life.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your thanks and for taking the time to write in and share your story. Hopefully it will help others still stuck and suffering in their self-induced (and totally unnecessary) worried-well hell!

Remember to "pay it forward." That means continue to share what you learned here with others, OK?

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Free and clear?
Next
Doubts about HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.