Thanks Dr!

I have been paranoid for 4 months, wondering if I had contracted the disease after a unprotected blowjob 4 months. It was the day after the exposure did I realised that I could have been infected as well through unprotected insertive oral-sex. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. The worst part was, I couldn't confide to anyone. I hated myself. Not only have I destroyed my own future, I would cause misery to others or worse still, infected them unknowingly. A few weeks later, I manifested a few symptoms associated with ARS. Swollen lymph node, dry mouth, ulcers. That freaked me out. To my horror, the white tongue never seemed to go away and I always seem to have a dry mouth. On top of that, I found a few painful ulcers on my gum. That was week 10 after my exposure. I was paranoid. I literally spent days looking up on HIV and visiting your site. I couldn't do anything and constantly feel depressed. I was sure I going to go mad if I didn't go for a test. It was either I get treatment as soon as possible if the result was + or get on with my life if it was -. After the 3 months of ordeal, I finally went for HIV screen, a week later (today), the result turned out to be negative. I am grateful that I was given a second chance and I thank Dr Bob and the rest of the experts for this wonderful site for people to share their own experiences and doubts. This site has been my anchor during this 4 months. Good job! May God bless all of you! Just a word of advice any doubtful individuals out, don't diagnose it yourself, most of the time the symptons are due to your own stress and anxiety. Go for a test and get on with life.

Thanks for your thanks and for taking the time to write in and share your story. Hopefully it will help others still stuck and suffering in their self-induced (and totally unnecessary) worried-well hell!

Remember to "pay it forward." That means continue to share what you learned here with others, OK?

Be well.

Free and clear?
Doubts about HIV