Hiv transmission or paranoia

Hello.

I have been so paranoid with hiv in the last three years that it has really changed my life for the worst. I had unprotected sex three years ago which started this whole thing and went threw several tests and they all came back negative. I am now in a serious relationship with my boyfriend and we have unprotected sex only with each other and we were both tested before we starting doing anything. I'm really scared because of an incident that happened to me today at work, I was using the restroom and doing a number 2 and I felt a drop or two of water hit my left butt cheek when I left the washroom I starting thinking some crazy things again! my question is what if there was infected hiv blood in the toilet and when I was wiping myself could it be possible that I could transfer that blood onto the toilet paper and into my anus? I get to nervous with this topic and I always think I have it when these little things happen and I wish I could stop worrying about this because it really affects my day to day living if you know of anything I can do to help me with this obsession I would really appreciate it thanks. I would also love to donate some money as well if you could please let me know how I could do it.

Your HIV risk from the backsplash of your "number 2" droppings with or without wiping is completely nonexistent. I've covered this topic numerous times before. Check the archives! The only way you can contract HIV in a public restroom is to have unsafe sex with an HIV-positive person in the stall, OK?

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org.

As for your recurrent unwarranted and completely irrational fear, I would recommend you try psychological counseling. Ask your general medical doctor for a referral. Irrational fears be they HIV, flying, spiders, snakes or ever having a president as bad as Dubya again are incredibly common. Appropriate counseling can help you confront and conquer these irrational anxieties.

Elisa "confirmation"?
UK bloody pint glass