Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Donations ? all bull crap, do they really donate??
Dec 9, 2007

You are a good and an ice humanbeing, just wish to know whether those who offer donations to get an answer from you do donate?

I know i have nothing to do with it, but then if they do, i am sure they touch many lives! Though i know it is for a good cause, but then, indirectly you have made this a pay for donation answer site:) and perhaps thats why we see those questions!

I must say i do love you and your work and the trmendous enthusiasm you have, but the posts i see now-a-days have that " will donate line to it"

Anyway, i hope they do donate!

Ps: those who seem to put i will donate in the question, make sure you do, if you cant, go through the archives!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I'm an "ice humanbeing"?? Gosh, I would have preferred "hot Italian."

Please let me clarify for the umpteenth time this forum is in no way, shape or form a "pay for information" site!!! All my efforts and advice given on this site are provided free with absolutely no strings attached. If you read through the archives you'll soon see I've made this point explicitly on innumerable occasions. The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is a completely separate entity with a completely separate mission.

Do most of the questioners who offer or promise to donate to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation actually give a donation? No, the vast, vast majority do not. These are by and large desperate folks seeking information who will say and do almost anything to get their particular concern addressed. These thinly veiled efforts to bribe a response from me are of course painfully obvious to even the casual reader (and certainly to me!). Whether someone promises to donate or not does not influence which questions are selected for posting. As I have said numerous times before, donations to any charity should only be made out of compassion and generosity and certainly not as an inducement or with an ulterior motive such as getting their question posted.

Certainly when an anonymous questioner writes in claiming to have given a donation, I have no way of knowing if they did or not. Consequently, I will politely say "thank you" within the context of the response. Likewise I acknowledge those pledging to make a gift as a courtesy, because some folks actually do follow through.

I do hope this clears up any false impression that my services are linked to tax-deductible donations.

All are welcome here. Not only those with the means or desire to help others in need, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Do all HIVers deserve care?
Next
Just a big Thank You!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.