rash on the palm side of the hand...open-mouth kiss, Viagra Over-dosage

Dear Dr. Bob.

May God bless you with the noble and great help you are offering to us. I recently had fully protected sex with 2 condoms and water-based lube....I had open-mouth kissing with the walk-in Armenian girl..there were no apparent wounds in the mouth of both of us.now after a 5 days, i have small rushes on the palmside of my hand..most on fingers and thumb...also I feel a little dizzy...with some shoulder-pain...before the sex I also took 2 Viagra...(i also checked on the net that Viagra also has allergic reaction which include rashes, muscle-pain) I am extremely worried....I will donate difintely donate to your greatest foundation...I beg you if you could let me know...whether i have exposed myself HIV. I am looking forward for your kind and gracoius response...

Two condoms and two Viagras??? Hmm . . . you really were planning on a hot steamy interlude!

First off, I don't recommend double bagging (two condoms). See below. Next there are recommended dose ranges for Viagra that should not be exceeded for safety reasons no matter how horney you may be.

Next, assuming the two condoms did not fail, your HIV-transmission risk should be essentially nonexistent. Whatever is causing your "small rushes," dizziness and shoulder pain, I do not believe it is in any way related to HIV. If you remain concerned, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to put your residual worries permanently to rest. I'm quite sure the results will be negative.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your gift is warmly appreciated by all those who will be touched by your generosity on this World AIDS Day 2007.

Stay safe. Stay well.

goodyear rubber (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Nov 27, 2007

thank you for your much needed service.i will be happy to donate to your cause.iam a married man who "BI ANAL ly has anal sex with a man who visits my area .i am the insertive partner.as a ultra safe precaution i have used,four,yes four condoms on my penis. no i don't get the sensation but the act itself gets me off.i know what your thinking,but it works for me. i have heard double bagging can be counterproductive as it can cause friction between the condoms.do you think using four erases any cause for concern(not my mental well being ) but my obvious fear of contracting hiv?i and he both enjoy these twice a year get togethers.i guess i'm just seeking total piece of mind and yes my wife knows.

Hey Goodyear Rubber Guy,

"Bi-Anal-ly" indeed! Hmm . . . and you use four condoms for your backdoor action to potentially "erase any cause for concern???" And you state, "I know what you're thinking . . . ." Hmm, I tend to doubt that, but what I'm thinking doesn't relate to the point of your question, so I'll save those comments for another time. Regarding your four-condom action plan, well, there is absolutely no evidence that four condoms offer any more protection than one. You are also correct that there is some evidence suggesting double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! One could surmise the same increased risk could apply to quadruple bagging.

So Goodyear Rubber Guy (or Michelin Tire Man?), my advice remains that you should use one condom, but use it properly with plenty of water-based lubricant. (See below.)

Can two condoms be safe (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS) Aug 27, 2007

An HIV + male had on two condoms, we had vaginal intercourse (i was on top)...not for very long time......as soon as i got off of him (condoms still on), I saw him ejaculate into the condom. i did not see anything leaking out...everything seemed to be in the first condom. i inspected the condoms the next day and noticed the internal condom was full of semen, mainly at the top and the outer condom seemed to move loosley around the outside, as though it had never come in contact with semen from the first condom. I am very scared and worried and mad with myself for what I did. What are my chances of getting past this without having contracted HIV?

Thanks for your time.

Your HIV risk would be nonexistent if the latex condom did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. That said, I do not recommend "double bagging." See below.

Double condoms to prevent HIV Aug 29, 2005

Dear Robert, I travel lot for asian countries like thailand etc.When I have sex with Bar girls there I always use double comdoms(ie one on other) as precaution ,so what is my chance of getting HIV.For information my condoms never brokened nor I had oral sex with them.

There are no scientific studies showing "double bagging" is safer than properly using a single latex condom. In fact, there is some information suggesting that double bagging causes friction of latex on latex, which may compromise the integrity of the condoms and increase the likelihood of breakage! Besides, it's hard enough to get one layer of latex on and used properly. By the time you double wrap, your partner could be out of the mood or asleep. Plus, Mr. Happy will probably not feel all that happy. He might not "feel" much at all! And if two layers were safer, then what about three or four or a dozen? Pretty soon it's going to be like sleeping with the Michelin Tire Man.

Smoking Pot affecting HIV meds
Routine HIV Testing????