infected needle

Dr BOB:

i had my anual test with ELISA TEST,it was Negative.I have a doubt,when i was received by the nurse she had syringe an needle in her hand.Do you think there was somwe risk, do you know about some cas e of using infected needles.I am from southamerica,please answer.In next month i will send you a contribution of one hundred dolla4rs,If you have some avice please send to me.

Raul

No, I do not believe you had any HIV transmission risk whatsoever. Needles are not reused anywhere in South America that I am aware of. Nor am I aware of any cases of HIV infection from reused needles in a medical setting in South America. Your worries are unwarranted. If you remain concerned despite my strong reassurances, you could get a rapid test in three months. However, please realize the only reason to do so would be to calm your worries and give peace of mind, OK?

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, indeed you are well!)

Waiting for the test
Smoking Pot affecting HIV meds