many co infections

i am over 3 yrs hiv +. i have diagonsis of graves disease, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, colitis, fatty liver, enlarged liver, NAFLD?, prone to edema, my eyes hurt all the time,have severe headaches and just 2 weeks ago diabetes. i have also noticed my cd4 4 months ago was 1400, and since then has come down to 967. still undetectable. i'm told not to worry....but with all of my many diseases, and all the meds i take, what is the prognosis in time and quality of life? even my polips were not the ordinary but the kind that must be checked as they are prone to maglignancy. i need prognosis of what to expect?....not "no news is good news." that doesn't work any longer. what would you do? thank you so very much. leeann

Hello Leeann,

"Many coinfections???" What coinfections? Your HIV is indeed an infection, but all the other ailments you listed are not infections. Most likely the vast majority may not even be HIV related. Your CD4 counts and HIV plasma viral load are excellent. I would suggest you talk to your HIV specialist physician and discuss exactly what is and is not related to your HIV disease. I would then make sure you are getting the proper evaluation and treatment for all your conditions. As for prognosis, well I'm having real difficulty lately remembering the future. That's a wiseass way of saying none of us really knows. Certainly from an HIV perspective your prognosis would be excellent.

Hey! Dr. Bob! I've found work again...
OraQuick Advance and PCR Test