Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hey! Dr. Bob! I've found work again...
Dec 1, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob: Bravo Bravo Bravo for your answers of late: especially to the sap who asked if their saliva could reactivate sperm or HIV bugs after 1.5 yrs. I wonder if these or similar queries are just bogus or actually intended to generate a response. Go figure.

Thanks so much for allowing me, and all of those who post, a portion of your precious time. I just want to let you know that I've found work...remember I wrote about having to leave my current HIV Education/Prevention job? I will be providing support / directions / hope etc. to families who are referred to what is called "family preservation". I'm sure, or at least will be surprised, I'll have someone ask about HIV exposure. I'm very glad to have had the exposure if you will allow me to use the expression to your posts as well as my experiences while I did HIV Prevention. It's kind of sad though that I won't be able to continue passing out condoms to local bars, that seemed to be the most poignant of all that I did because it was tangible. Again many thanks to you. I'll be in touch from time to time.

Alive and Well in Kansas.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Kansas Guy,

Congrats on the new position! As for the bizarro-questions, some are real, some are probably bogus, all are entertaining if not always enlightening.

As for passing out condoms to local bars, you could always volunteer your services. I've been the volunteer condom-guy here in San Francisco from time to time. It's fun. I get to walk around with my shirt off and chat up horned-up studs in the heat of man-hunting and slip a condom or two into their 501s. You'd be amazed how many hotties have wanted to slip me their phone number in return!

Dr. Bob

Previous
1 year after swallowing hiv+
Next
many co infections

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.