Can I date w/out disclosure?

Last weekend I went to a strip club, got drunk, and received a protected (w/condom) blow job. Although drunk at the time, I believe the condom remained on my penis at all times. (Although not sure where it ultimately wound up, but that's another story.)

Of course, I'm now freaking and will get an HIV test after 3 months. I realize from your archive answers that my risk from insertive oral is very low (and should be zero if the condom stayed on the entire time, which I think it did).

I need to get through the 3 months w/out extreme lonliness (which could result in additional drinking and another idiotic trip to the local strip club). Assuming I'd like to be able to have protected sex in the next 3 months with a woman I may date, in your view, am I obligated to disclose last weekend's idiotic bj from the stripper to her? [I assume such disclosure would end the relationship.]

(I realize you're a Dr., and not an authority on sexual ethics, but though I'd ask anyway.)

Thank you for the great work you do.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Obligation to disclose HIV serostatus only applies to someone who is confirmed to be HIV positive. You are under absolutely no obligation to disclose idiotic lapses in judgment, such as inebriated protected blowjobs at the Badda Bing or voting for Bush/Cheney, etc.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr Bob
Dr. Bob, Wish you a long life on the World Aids day.