The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I date w/out disclosure?

Dec 1, 2007

Last weekend I went to a strip club, got drunk, and received a protected (w/condom) blow job. Although drunk at the time, I believe the condom remained on my penis at all times. (Although not sure where it ultimately wound up, but that's another story.)

Of course, I'm now freaking and will get an HIV test after 3 months. I realize from your archive answers that my risk from insertive oral is very low (and should be zero if the condom stayed on the entire time, which I think it did).

I need to get through the 3 months w/out extreme lonliness (which could result in additional drinking and another idiotic trip to the local strip club). Assuming I'd like to be able to have protected sex in the next 3 months with a woman I may date, in your view, am I obligated to disclose last weekend's idiotic bj from the stripper to her? [I assume such disclosure would end the relationship.]

(I realize you're a Dr., and not an authority on sexual ethics, but though I'd ask anyway.)

Thank you for the great work you do.


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Joe,

Obligation to disclose HIV serostatus only applies to someone who is confirmed to be HIV positive. You are under absolutely no obligation to disclose idiotic lapses in judgment, such as inebriated protected blowjobs at the Badda Bing or voting for Bush/Cheney, etc.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Dr Bob
Dr. Bob, Wish you a long life on the World Aids day.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint