hiv 2 eia positive western blot negative

I recently had a Hiv 1/2 test performed. The Hiv 1 eia and western blot came back negative. The Hiv 2 eia came back positive with a negative western blot. My physician couldn't explain what this meant and advised me to re-test in 4-6 weeks. Both of my husband's tests came back negative for 1 and 2. Please help! Does the positive eia mean that I have Hiv?

A positive HIV-2 EIA and a negative Western Blot certainly does not mean you are HIV positive! In fact quite the opposite. That combination of test results is considered a negative HIV test. The reactive EIA was "falsely" positive. You can read about the causes of false-positive EIA (ELISA) tests in the archives.

first to infected through skin sending donation
in romania follow up for the WW