Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

first to infected through skin sending donation
Nov 30, 2007

Dr. Bod

I am sending you a donation. Please tell me if i put my self at risk for hiv infection. I went to a adult video store were it had booths to watch movies. there were alot of men in there going in and out of booths. i did not have sex with any one. My risk is when i got out of my car to go into the video store i scraped my knee on the door. it was a small scrape about the size of a pencial eraser it felt like a carpet burn i do not think it was bleeding. the risk was when i went into the booth i dropped some money and when knelt down the pick it up i knelt in what i think was seman because it was sticky. and when i looked around you could see drops of cum all over the floor. Do you thin i could have been infected this way and do you warrent testing for this type of exposure. please answer my qustion thanks and let me know where to send donation. thanks again

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Considering that your non-bleeding scrape may not have breached the integrity of the skin layers and that HIV, even if present in the puddles of spunk you kneeled in, does not live very long outside the body, I would place your HIV-transmission risk at the extremely low to negligible level. Certainly if you are worried, the easiest thing to do is get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from genuflecting in the adult video booth.

Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible contribution to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). The Foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your HIV test will be negative. I'm confident it indeed will be.

Dr. Bob

Previous
extremely worried
Next
hiv 2 eia positive western blot negative

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.