2 conflicting ELISAa/indeterminate WB

Dear Dr. Frascino - I am so scared - my partner of 7 years and I both had physicals - his hiv came back fine and mine came back pos - as far as I know we have both been monogamous except for one stupid slip-up on my part when we were separated for 9 months changing cities - (I gave oral but not to completion, low risk right?) - anyhow, after the pos result I went into shock and was numb and went to the clinic here and got the ora-sure 20 minute oral swab and it came back neg(!) - I told the doc this and he is re-running Elisa/WB as well as VL and CD4 - he seemed surprised I got a neg 2nd result - the Indeterminate WB was band P24 which scares me too from reading here online (seroconverting) - is it possible this could be a false pos? what are the chances of a false neg Elisa and is the ora-sure as good as blood test? any info is greatly appreciated.

Your reactive ELISA and indeterminate Western Blot (WB) is not a "positive HIV test." Rather it's indeterminate.

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. You are in a monogamous relationship with an HIV-negative partner and your only "indiscretion" was one episode of "oral but not to completion."

That you had a subsequent negative OraSure rapid test would strongly suggest your initial ELISA was falsely positive. This would correspond to your lack of potential exposure.

If your repeat ELISA and WB is still indeterminate, I would suggest you get an HIV DNA PCR (qualitative) test. This test can be helpful in sorting out serologic tests that are in dispute or indeterminate.

From the information provided, I very strongly suspect you are indeed HIV negative.

No Sleep No Eat Can't Even Beat Meat
OraQuick Test Interpretation Uncertainty... Can I Woo-Hoo?