No Sleep No Eat Can't Even Beat Meat

Dr Frascino

Greetings from The Garden State. One month ago I had insertive vaginal sex with a female friend of mine. The condom broke! Unfortunately I have been immobilized with terror. My friend agreed to get tested a couple days after it happened and the results were negative. Two gentlemen she slept with were three months or more prior to our PJ party. Her final risk was only one month prior to her antibody test. That gentleman wore a condom for intercourse with her. She latter admitted that she performed oral (swallowed) on him twice without a condom. This episode has taught me a lesson. I am in a flawed marriage, but that does not open the gates to other women. Needless to say I am in hysterics. How crazed should I be?? Please help. I tested at 4 weeks before I found out about the window. Please note that this scumbag has begun volunteering at a hospice to try and get life in check. All the best!!

No sleeping? OK. No eating?? OK. But no entertainment from your home entertainment center??? Now that's insufferable!

But from reading your post, I don't quite understand the limp in your love jones, let alone the immobilizing terror! OK, your condom failed, but your mattress mambo mate then had a negative HIV test and her two previous mambo-ers were three months prior to her test. The dude one month ago wore a condom. So that means your partner's risk is limited to two swallowed snacks of baby batter. The HIV risk from this is extremely low.

How crazed should you be? I'd say not crazed at all! You need to put things in proper perspective and to relax a bit. (One good method for relaxation involves your aforementioned home entertainment center, which I hope is "up" and working well once again.)

My advice is simple:

1. If you are worried about your extremely low HIV risk, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.

2. If you are in a flawed marriage, do something about it.

3. Check the expiration date on your condoms as well as your condom technique. Condoms only very rarely fail when used properly.

I applaud your decision to work at a hospice. You are not a scumbag. Not even close. Dubya and Cheney, now there's a couple of scumbags.

Good luck. Be well.

Monkey Thanks
2 conflicting ELISAa/indeterminate WB