Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE GIVE ME A PEACE OF MIND
Nov 28, 2007

I want to start to thank you for your work on this site.there are not alot of people who care enough to do what you do!you are a angel.i am a very paronoid mother.i am so afraid my little 2 year old contracted hiv or hepc from a toothbrush.i left the brush in my car and i dont know if someone used it for meaness and put it back.she used it before i thought about the risk.there was something pink on it.but it may be from something she drank or ate.i know you have heard this a million times but please spare just a minute for me.i will send donation today.i just want a peace of mind.love your worried mommy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

So you left a toothbrush in your car and you are worried someone used it "for meaness" and put it back. Your two-year-old daughter then used the toothbrush and now you're worried she may have contracted HIV or hepatitis C. The chance your daughter contracted HIV or hepatitis C from this rather bizarre scenario is completely nonexistent. That you are even worried about such a far fetched sequence of events is in and of itself worrisome. Worried Mommy, I'm worried about your excessive worrying! "Peace of mind" doesn't come easy to someone who can concoct such a fantastical hypothetical situation. If you've had other irrational fears, counseling may help, OK?

Good luck. Fear not! All is well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
TNF blockers and window period
Next
Please answer.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.