Adolescent Again, or Just a Case of Blue Balls?

Hi Dr. Frascino -

First off I want to say thank you for your answers for all of our questions. Your use of humor makes the sometimes not-so-good-news bearable.

I'm 47, tested pos February 1993, and have been on cocktail meds since 1996. Lowest CD4 was 162 in 1996. Been very fortunate in that CD4s have remained in the 800-900 range ever since. Current combo of Reyataz, Epzicom and Viread rocks! Having lost so many, many friends in the 80s and 90s I do know how lucky I am.

Last relationship ended in 2002 after a period of verbal and physical abuse. At the beginning of the relationship, I figured if he could live with my status, I could live with his bipolar-ness. Should have called it bipolar-mess. Decided enough was enough and I turned off the "loser sign" hovering over my head.

I'll admit to having a weekly (sometimes longer) date with myself which is all good and fine. Obviously, having someone else in the room would be a nice addition but those that I do meet seem to want sex first and get to know ya after the fact, which is how I got into this mess in the first place. So I say no thanks and stay in the single line. I know I worry about infecting someone, but as a volunteer HIV/AIDS educator (formerly a RedCross instructor) I know the realities and whats safe and what isnt.

For about the last 9 months I've been having nocturnal emissions. Same romantic dreams with the same ending. Checked online with WebMD and other sites with no results.

Wondering if I am just not spending enough "alone time" or what? I realize some would consider this a blessing, but hell, with wet dreams and acne again, I sure dont want to go through those rotten years a second time.

Thank you and take care!

Many virally enhanced forty-somethings have written in with similar stories of difficulty in finding their Mr. Right. One claims he's continuing to kiss lots of toads, but so far none has morphed into Prince Charming. Another told me, as far as dating is concerned, "the odds are good, but the goods are odd." Maybe I should start a Dr. Bob's Forty-Somethings' Lonely Hearts Club and then play yenta and hook you guys up!

As for your wet dreams, well, from checking with all the future members of Dr. Bob's Forty-Somethings' Lonely Hearts Club the consensus is that rather than worry about having a geeky-teenage-years do-over, you should just yell "thank you Jesus" and enjoy those dreamy romantic trysts with Dr. McDreamy or Mr. McSteamy or whomever. By the way no matter how erotic and exotic they are, they still qualify as safe sex and you can even forego the condom!

Nitey Nite! Pleasant (and sticky) dreams.

Diabetic getting AID. Any chance of mistake
Please Discard My Question