Diabetic getting AID. Any chance of mistake

Dear Doctor. My husband is on insuline because of his 15 year old diabetis. He is also getting antihypertesion drugs and bunch of other medication. I was wondering if this can possibly case positive Elisa HIV test. Diabetes plus HIV - ist it too bad to be true?:( Thank you in advance.

There is always a chance a single ELISA HIV test could be falsely reactive. Was a confirmatory test done (Western Blot or Immunofluorescence Assay)? I would advise a repeat ELISA test with confirmatory Western Blot as the next step for your husband. If the test remains positive, he should have a more thorough evaluation by an HIV specialist.

Good luck to you both.

is it normal for men to wear panties
Adolescent Again, or Just a Case of Blue Balls?