Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Parlor massage exposure (diff than others)
Nov 26, 2007

Hi Doctor,

Please I really, really need your help. My anxiety is killing me and I can't have a normal life because of that. My story is as follows.

Like 2 weeks ago I went to a massage parlor in Thailand, without actually knowing what I was going to. The way this works is that you get a bath by a girl, with soap and water, then you get taken out of the bath tub and get a body massage (this includes all types of rubbing, from her vagina in my back and my rectum, and her breasts also). This body massage also includes water and soap. I am really really scared because I had vagina to rectum contact, as she was rubbing me like that, so I am afraid some vaginal fluids reach inside of me, and also there was a point in the massage where she put just the tip of my penus inside of her vagina, but I am sure it was just the tip and it felt a bit wet, that's why I am really afraid of vaginal fluids contact, but this wetness could also have been due to soap and water. I talked to some guys over there and they told me that the girls are checked by a doctor 2 to 3 times a week for diseases, but I am really really scared, and the anxiety is dying me to wait til 3 months for the test. I am getting a bit scared because I developed some kind of rash near my scrotum, but in a place where I think we didn't have any contact. I wanted to hear from you how do you see my chances here of getting infected.

Please please, help me a bit here, I want to hear your professional experience, to see if I can relax a bit. I swear I will donate.

Thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV-transmission risk would be so remote that it is essentially nonexistent. Your worries are unwarranted. If the anxiety of waiting through the three-month window period is "dying you," consider getting some help from your doctor. Anti-anxiety pills or counseling may help you cope with your irrational fears of HIV.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative. (I'm confident it indeed will be negative.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
donation on its way
Next
is it normal for men to wear panties

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.