KS

Dr. Franscino, I have been dealing with KS for over 3 years now. I am just finished my 3 round of chemo and nothing seems to work. My viral load is undetectable, T-Cell is 280. From the MRI's the tumor originated in the spine and of course there is constant pain in the area as well. I found out last week the chemo did not work again!! this time they are trying Taxol, and I start in a week. What advise can you give me on this issue. I am not at the tired point yet, but getting fustrated. My oncologist mentioned Radiation as well for this treatment in a couple of months. I think I know the answer, but wanted to get another professionals perspective. Thanks!

I think your desire to "get another professional's perspective" is right on target! However, I'm not the guy to do this for you, as it cannot be done effectively over the Internet. Kaposi's sarcoma is usually quite sensitive to chemotherapy. I would suggest you get a second opinion from an HIV-knowledgeable oncologist. Kaposi's sarcoma originating in the spine is unusual. Has the diagnosis been confirmed?

I certainly understand your level of frustration and I too agree "another perspective" may well prove enlightening.

2nd time Infected in hospital?
update from spain, pregnant wife, desperate!